Sew Busy

A journal of my sewing projects.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Dress for Bekah

Hard to believe, but my youngest sister will be graduating next month! When we we're shopping last month she mentioned she was looking for a graduation dress. I said if she showed me what she wanted, I could probably make one for her. She picked out the pattern and said to make it light green ...so here it is!

Oh, the issues with this dress! One stinkin seam had to be ripped out and redone more than once! Since I wasn't able to get her measurements, and she wasn't available to try this on, I have no idea if it will fit her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger BekahJoy said…

    I like it... a lot :) I hope that it does fit, it looks like it will or else I'll make it fit... If you have any brown or even cream colored fabric I'd like one of those colors for a sash that just went over the middle... just to add a little something.. but I really like it alot thank you!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Lynn said…

    It is gorgeous! That is some graduation dress!

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    It's incredible Amie! You have a great talent!

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Jamie said…

    That is beautiful! I know it will look great on her too! Hard to believe little Bekah is already graduating! Congrats Bekah!

    Amie, I kept checking your regular blog and figure I better check this, that you were probably busy sewing away. I wish it were something I could do to bring in extra income or something but I can't even thread my machine!

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Risa said…

    That's so cute! I bet it will be so cute on her too. You will have to post a picture of her in it at graduation! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home