Sew Busy

A journal of my sewing projects.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Grocery Cart Seat Cover

This is a seat cover so your baby doesn't have to touch (or put their mouth on) the grocery cart that a million hands have touched. I used Simplicity 4636, although I added openings in the back so I can strap Jonah in (I can't believe they didn't have that in the pattern!). I found this Veggie Tales material and I thought the words on it were great. I'm including the pattern picture so you can get an idea what it would look like in the cart.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger kelly jeanie said…

    That turned out really great. I never had one for Owen, but I think if we ever have another I'd get one; they seem really useful. I'd love to hear how it works out for you!

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger 'Ailina said…

    We LOVE Veggie Tales! What cute fabric. I love the little romper set you did. The embroidery look so delicate. And my girls and I love the Strawberry Shortcake set. Too cute.

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I made the same cart cover! I think yours looks great. I had thought about attaching my own safety strap becasue those on the cart look horribly dirty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home