Sew Busy

A journal of my sewing projects.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Skirt

I need some winter weight skirts so I picked up this gray tweed looking fabric (It's actually lightweight flannel ). I decided to make my own pattern so it would fit me exactly how I wanted. The fabric has a real "business suit" look to it, and I wanted to make sure it didn't look like a suit. I wanted it to be fitted though the hips, then flare out. The skirt turned out exactly how I wanted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was actually starting to walk away here when Elijah finally took the picture, but I think this picture catches the shape of the skirt best.

Photobucket

2 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Jamie said…

    It turned out really cute!

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    It's perfect! I LOVE it! So when does your sewing class star?. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home