Sew Busy

A journal of my sewing projects.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Personalized Tote

I wanted to make a little "going back to school" gift for my cousin who is starting her doctorate (!) program this Fall. She studies math, hence the math fabric. I wish the math problems on the fabric were a little more difficult, but it's not like there is a big selection of math fabric to choose from. I thought the pink would add a nice little touch, an idea I got from looking at bags online.

Photobucket

She mentioned that a place to put a water bottle would be nice and I remembered a bag I had a long time ago with a side pocket for a water bottle and copied that.

Photobucket

2 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE it!!! It is so me in so many ways (including the pink!). The fabric looks like math on a chalkboard! That's so cool! And the water bottle holder is such a big help to me with all the liquids that I carry with me all the time.

    I send along huge hugs and a million thank yous to you, my very dear and talented cousin!

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Jamie said…

    How creative!!!! That is so cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home