Sew Busy

A journal of my sewing projects.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Smocked Dress

I actually did this smocking a long time ago and just now finally got around to constructing the dress. This was the first time I used a pattern for the smocking (from an Australian Smocking and Embroidery magazine). I really like how it resembles lace. I think the dress turned out really nice. It does need to be ironed in the front after sitting around for months in my bag of unfinished smocking projects.

Photobucket

Isaac took this picture, and it turned out better than any of mine did:
Photobucket

Photobucket

4 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    How sweet and pretty! What smocking pattern is this?

    Shannon F

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    The pattern was from AS&E issue 82. It's the "Jennifer" pattern (with a couple changes).

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Way to go Isaac on taking some great pics, and Amie, I LOVE that dress. Sadie looks too cute in it!!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Risa said…

    What a pretty little dress - and a pretty little girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home