Sew Busy

A journal of my sewing projects.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My first quilt!


I am very pleased with how my very first quilt came out. I used all scrap material. I looked at patterns for quilt blocks, but in the end decided to do a very simple patch quilt. I quilted the material using the "in the ditch" technique which means you sew thru all three layers of fabric (front, back and batting) along the seams. I made the binding myself, and thats the only thing that I had a rough time with. This quilt is a crib size quilt. The back is a panel I bought a long time ago. Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    That's awesome Amie. Looks professional.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger kelly jeanie said…

    Nice quilt! Looks cozy. :) I see you're a pretty experienced sew-er, did you find quilting easy? Did you use your regular sewing machine to do the quilting?

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Amie said…

    I found it pretty easy, however a patchwork quilt isn't very complicated at all. I did use my regular sewing machine to do the quilting.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Jamie said…

    Man, you've been on a roll. So that is why you've been so quiet lately... Everything looks great!!! You are so good at just 'whipping' something up! Wish I could do that!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger andria said…

    I really want to do a quilt too. I have no idea how though. We have a quilting store here in town, maybe I should check that out. That's a nice quilt.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are a wonderful seamstress. (I also love the awesome backpacks and that sun hat is adorable!!)

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Kate O'Brien said…

    VERY good job!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your first quilt? My first didn't have matching corners like yours *giggle* I guess I'm not made for jobs that require using scales finer than cm.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home