Sew Busy

A journal of my sewing projects.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sadie's Christmas Dress

As much fun as it's been looking at dresses in the store, I knew I wanted to make her Holiday dresses (Christmas and Easter). I had SO much fun making this dress while listening to Christmas music. Yahoo radio has the best Christian Holiday station!

I altered the pattern a bit, by not putting in a collar. The dress also has some nice pleats in the front that you can't see (I really need to learn how to take pictures!!)

The best part is, I bought the velour fabric a long time ago from a clearance bin and I had the shimmery fabric left over from the flower girl dresses I made in September. I love that shimmery fabric, the pictures don't do it justice. All I bought was the matching thread and zipper.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Kelli said…

    So pretty... the dress and your little girl.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That dress is so pretty! Wonderful work, as always!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home