Sew Busy

A journal of my sewing projects.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

T-shirt Shrug

I was recently given a couple of really cute sleeveless dresses. I'm a bit too modest to wear sleeveless, so I decided a shrug is what I needed. I found a couple tutorials online on how to turn a t-shirt into a shrug and decided to go for it.


First I found a $4 tee at Meijer, one that I love because I am a puffed sleeves kind of girl.
Photobucket

Then I measured and cut at the desired length.
Photobucket

Another cut right up the center.
Photobucket

A little bit of rounding the edges for shape.
Photobucket

Then a quick serge around the raw edges.
Photobucket

Ta da!
Photobucket

1 Comments:

  • At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Bekah said…

    Awesome! You just saved yourself around 22 dollars... buying the shirt and making it yourself :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home