Sew Busy

A journal of my sewing projects.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sadie's Valentine Dress

This year Sadie's Valentines dress is a little more subtle. I kept second guessing the gray fabric, but the pink and red stripes just say "Valentine's Day" to me. I really love how this dress turned out. It was the first time I did pleating on a skirt instead of gathering and I think it gives it a nice old fashioned look. The sleeves are 3/4 length. The red ribbon is actually ribbon I saved from a bath set that my sister gave me a couple years ago. It was so pretty I knew I would find use for it someday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 Comments:

  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Samantha said…

    WOW.. i love the dress.. its cute and it looks good on Sadie.
    you done a good job!! xx

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Choppzs said…

    Very cute! you are so talented!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Very cute! The red ribbon really finishes it off well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home